- You must add a minimum of 2 Day Trek to Vashisht - Jogini Falls - Solang Valley On Sharing Basis (Grade: Easy, Time: 6 to 7 hrs) Minimum 2 people required's to your cart.
Buran Ghati Trek (Rs 15,500 to Rs 25650)
Join us for the trek to Buran Ghati.
Each online purchase entitles one person for this activity. Book quantity more than 1 for the number of people in your group.
We strongly encourage you to carry your own back pack. But if you opt to offload your back pack to a porter please select the option porter required while booking for the trek. The bag offloaded must be just one bag and total weight of the bag must not exceed 15 Kgs
Treks are conducted when there are enough people interested in it (more than 2 people). Please register early at the below link with your contact information so that we can co-ordinate.
Price listed is for 2 people. As the number of people in the batch increases the price will come down. Once you have registered for the trek, and we have minimum set of people, we will let you know so that you can pay 25% of the cost upfront. The final payment needs to be done one week before the trek date. We will let you know the remaining amount that needs to be paid (it will vary based on team size).
Day 1: Drive from Shimla Bus stand around 6.30 am to Janglik. A 12 hours drive. Report at Base Camp. We will arrange for the vehicle which will reach the trekkers to the base camp. Cost @ Rs.6000/ vehicle (sumo). 5-6 trekkers can fit in to be borne by the trekkers.
Day 2: Janglik to Dayara. Altitude gain 1875 feet.
Day 3: Dayara to Litham.Altitude gain 737 feet. Watch out for Chandranahan fall and lake stands beyond.
Day 4: Trek around the Cirque dug by a glacier formed either by rain water/river water. Camp at Litham.
Day 5: Trek to Duda from Litham. An altitude gain to 13300 feet also the best place to camp for crossing the pass the next day.
Day 6: Trek to Munirang via Buran Ghati. It has an ascend to 15000 feet and a descend to 11800 feet which will be covered in 8 hours.
Day 7: We trek back to Baruva from Munirang to an altitude of 5100 feet. The trek ends here.
Transport from Shimla to Janglik / Baruva to Simla Bus Stand is not included in the cost. Transportation can be arranged at extra cost (around Rs 6000 /- per vehicle. Each vehicle can carry 5 to 6 people).
Trek Date – (For details about the fixed dates contact Ayan Brahma [Ph: +91 9591945454])
Physical preparation is mandatory for this trek. Regular Jogging, Stretching Exercises, Cardio Exercises
Suggestion of Essential Clothing & Equipment
Rucksack 60-70 Liters, First Layer – Thermals, Second Layer – Cold protection (Fleece jackets), Third Layer – Water Proof cum Wind Cheater Jacket, For Head & Ears – Balaclava, Long Woolen socks, Trekking Shoes – Forclaz 500/600, Gaiters, Ponchos, Water Proof Gloves, Trekking Poles, Water Bags
Camera, Memory-Cards, Batteries etc (Batteries carry enough spares. You won’t get Electricity on slopes)
Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite)
While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars (dry fruit pouches are better than 5 Star/Munch).
While packing, use bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Carry a personal Leak proof Tiffin Box, a Plate, Spoon and Coffee Mug.
Personal Medicine kit containing
Dolo 650 – 10 Tablets, Avomine – 1 Strip, Avil 25mg – 6 Tablets, Diamox – @ 3 Tablets/day 30 tablets, Combiflam – 5 Tablets, Disprin – 10 Tablets, Norflox TZ- 10 Tablets, Spasmoproxyvon – 6 Tablets, Crepe Bandage – 3 to 5 meters, Band Aid – 10 strips, Zintac 300 – 10 tablets, Gauze cloth – 1 small role, Leukoplast – 1 small roll, Cotton – 1 small roll, ORS – 5 packets, Betadine cream, Aqua pure Tablets – 1 bottle, Moov spray
We strive for the best safety standards. Every trekker must adhere to the instructions issued by the guide.
DOs and Don’ts
- A strict NO to your Denims – they are not suitable for treks, beside it adds weight.
- NO to Snacks, Colas, Alcohol and Personal Food – Don’t overweight yourself with them.
- NO to any Disposable Plastic Bottles, plastic wrapped/packaged items & Non Bio Degradable material.
- While at the trek enjoy the view. Do not litter and leave the place in the same condition for other trekkers and next generation coming after you to enjoy.
- Strict NO to touching or handling of any of the Sketal remains that you may come across.
We carry High Altitude Sleeping Bags with us hence please do not carry yours. We would also be carrying tents and other equipment required for such treks.
- Do weigh your Gears post packing. It should not exceed the range of 8-9 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you need to repeat and remove what is not essential.
- Travel light and carry what is essential. For example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).The list given here are exactly what you need and nothing more.
Some Common advice about Clothing:
To protect you from cold, dressing in layers is the ‘Catch’. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a suggestion. If you are prone to cold carry an extra sweater.
Please ensure to carry the following documents:
An identification card (like Driving License, Voters ID card, Passport etc), along with a photocopy, Passport Size Photos, a Medical Certificate and Disclaimer Certificate (Download pdf here).
All mentioned DOCUMENTS are MANDATORY, without which you won’t be allowed to trek.
1. Accommodation. (Camping) / Guest House
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trekking equipment
5. First Aid Medical kits
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers
1. Transport/Food / Meal on the way to / from Janglik
2. Any kind of personal expenses
4. Porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Inclusions
Not suitable for: Heart Patient, paralyzed Patient, pregnant women, Asthmatics or any other medical conditions that limits person from participating in adventure sports
Contact person – Ayan Brahma
Ph: +91 9591945454
How to reach?
Starting point of the trek is Shimla Bus Stand. Shimla is well connected to Delhi. You can get overnight volvo buses from delhi. Or you can take train to chandigarh and a taxi from chandigarh to Shimla
Some facts about the trek
Max Altitude: 15000 feet
Best Season: June / july and sep / oct
Grade: Easy / Moderate
Less than 10 days – 0% refund
Between 10 to 14 days – 50% refund
Between 14 to 24 days – 70% refund
More than 24 days – 95%
Activity subject to weather condition