Join us for the trek to Hampta pass. This is an ideal trek for beginners. Experienced trekkers also try this trek as this offers breathtaking views taking one to Spiti valley. We combine this with visit to Chandratal. The moon shaped lake!
Each online purchase entitles one person for this activity. Book quantity more than 1 for the number of people in your group.
We strongly encourage you to carry your own back pack. But if you opt to offload your back pack to a porter please select the option porter required while booking for the trek. The bag offloaded must be just one bag and total weight of the bag must not exceed 15 Kgs
Treks are conducted when there are enough people interested in it (5 – 10 people). Please register early at the below link with your contact information so that we can co-ordinate.
Day 1: Manali to Chika. We will walk via Vashisht and Johari. Your actual trek will start from Jobri. It will take 2 to 3 hours to reach Chika
Day 2: Chika to Balu ka Ghera. Today you will walk around 8 kilometers. It will take 5 to 6 hours to reach Balu ka Ghera.
Day 3: Balu ka Gera to Siagoru, Cross Hampta Pass (14000 feet). Today will be a bit tiring. You will be walking 14 kilometers. Try to get ready early and start your trek early. Once you reach Siagoru, take rest. Drink plenty of water and let your body relax.
Day 4: Siagoru to Chatru. Drive to Chandratal. We will start early and walk till Chatru. There are some dhabas at Chatru. You can have lunch at these dhabas. After lunch we will drive to Chandratal. We will camp close to chandratal today.
Day 5: Chandratal to Manali. We will start early and go to Chandratal today, the moon shaped lake. Spend some time at Chandratal and then we will drive you back to Manali.
Trek Date – (For details about the fixed dates contact Uttam Sharma [Ph: +91 9418300843])
Physical preparation is mandatory for this trek. Regular Jogging, Stretching Exercises, Cardio Exercises
Suggestion of Essential Clothing & Equipment
Rucksack 60-70 Liters, First Layer – Thermals, Second Layer – Cold protection (Fleece jackets), Third Layer – Water Proof cum Wind Cheater Jacket, For Head & Ears – Balaclava, Long Woolen socks, Trekking Shoes – Forclaz 500/600, Gaiters, Ponchos, Water Proof Gloves, Trekking Poles, Water Bags
Camera, Memory-Cards, Batteries etc (Batteries carry enough spares. You won’t get Electricity on slopes)
Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite)
While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars (dry fruit pouches are better than 5 Star/Munch).
While packing, use bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
Carry a personal Leak proof Tiffin Box, a Plate, Spoon and Coffee Mug.
Personal Medicine kit containing
Dolo 650 – 10 Tablets, Avomine – 1 Strip, Avil 25mg – 6 Tablets, Diamox – @ 3 Tablets/day 30 tablets, Combiflam – 5 Tablets, Disprin – 10 Tablets, Norflox TZ- 10 Tablets, Spasmoproxyvon – 6 Tablets, Crepe Bandage – 3 to 5 meters, Band Aid – 10 strips, Zintac 300 – 10 tablets, Gauze cloth – 1 small role, Leukoplast – 1 small roll, Cotton – 1 small roll, ORS – 5 packets, Betadine cream, Aqua pure Tablets – 1 bottle, Moov spray
We strive for the best safety standards. Every trekker must adhere to the instructions issued by the guide.
DOs and Don’ts
- A strict NO to your Denims – they are not suitable for treks, beside it adds weight.
- NO to Snacks, Colas, Alcohol and Personal Food – Don’t overweight yourself with them.
- NO to any Disposable Plastic Bottles, plastic wrapped/packaged items & Non Bio Degradable material.
- While at the trek enjoy the view. Do not litter and leave the place in the same condition for other trekkers and next generation coming after you to enjoy.
- Strict NO to touching or handling of any of the Sketal remains that you may come across.
We carry High Altitude Sleeping Bags with us hence please do not carry yours. We would also be carrying tents and other equipment required for such treks.
- Do weigh your Gears post packing. It should not exceed the range of 8-9 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you need to repeat and remove what is not essential.
- Travel light and carry what is essential. For example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).The list given here are exactly what you need and nothing more.
Some Common advice about Clothing:
To protect you from cold, dressing in layers is the ‘Catch’. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a suggestion. If you are prone to cold carry an extra sweater.
Please ensure to carry the following documents:
An identification card (like Driving License, Voters ID card, Passport etc), along with a photocopy, Passport Size Photos, a Medical Certificate and Disclaimer Certificate (Download pdf here).
All mentioned DOCUMENTS are MANDATORY, without which you won’t be allowed to trek.
1. Accommodation. (Camping) / Guest House
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trekking equipment
5. First Aid Medical kits
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers
1. Transport/Food / Meal on the way to / from Manali
2. Any kind of personal expenses
4. Porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Inclusions
Not suitable for: Heart Patient, paralyzed Patient, pregnant women, Asthmatics or any other medical conditions that limits person from participating in adventure sports
Contact person – Uttam Sharma
Ph: +91 9418300843
How to reach?
Starting point of the trek is Thunderworldclub, Manali
Some facts about the trek
Max Altitude: 14100 feet
Best Season: July / Aug / Sep / Oct
Grade: Easy / Moderate
Approx Trekking KM: 26 km
Less than 10 days – 0% refund
Between 10 to 14 days – 50% refund
Between 14 to 24 days – 70% refund
More than 24 days – 95%
Activity subject to weather condition
Easy / Moderate