Manali – Leh – Manali Back-up Vehicle
Manali to Leh bike ride is rated as one of the top 10 bike rides in the world. Every year lot of riders from various part of the world come to attempt this ride. Join them and enjoy the thrilling experience.
Typically for the trip people chose a back-up vehicle for contingency. We provide you the flexibility whereby you can design your own expedition or you can buy the entire package from us. To design your own expedition as per your need please look into the related product list of this product in your shopping cart and choose the product(s) that you want for your expedition. On the other hand if you want the entire package then choose the product “Manali – Leh – Manali” Bike tour package.
Each online purchase entitles you for one back-up vehicle. Book quantity more than 1 for the number of back-up vehicles you want.
Book the vehicles at least a day in advance. For same day booking reach out to us to check if we have any slots open.
Below is a typical itinerary from Manali to Leh and back.
Day 1: Ride to Jispa – 6 Hrs (140 Km)
- Next morning, post breakfast, we begin our Ride to Jispa past the snow-clad Rohtang Pass
- We go past beautiful Himalayan Villages, sizzling Waterfalls and awe-inspiring scenery to reach 13,060 feet (Rohtang Pass). Now, we descend to Chandra Valley going past Kokhsar, Tandi & Keylong to reach our night halt at Jispa
- A hot Lunch on the river bank gives the needed relaxation to our tired bodies. We, now, have time and a range of activities to indulge in – Relax or Walk along the river to the wild or Play various Board Games
Day 2: Ride to Leh – 11 Hrs (350 Km)
- Next Morning comes in early as ride is long & tiring and add to it the halts, we take, to appreciate the magnificence of the Himalayan beauty & the changing Landscape
- Post Breakfast, we start again and going past the tricky Baralacha La (16,500 ft), we reach the mesmerizing Suraj Tal (source of river Bhaga). Our connect with the high passes continues as we cross the passes Lachulung-La (16,600 ft) Tanglang-La (at 17,480 ft – 2nd highest motorable road in the world) to reach Ramsey (an oasis surrounded by barren craggy hills)
- Finally the road smoothens & we smoothly glide to the mysterious land of Lamas and majestic beauty
- We reach our place of stay and succumb to the warmth of our beds & blankets
Day 3 – Rest Day in Leh
- We rest and explore the local market and the visit the Leh Palace
Day 4 –Ride to Hunder (Shyok Valley) – 6 Hrs (125 Km)
- A Big Day as we ride past the Highest Motorable Road in the world – Khardung La Pass (17,582 ft)
- Past the Pass, we descend into the Valley of Flowers – Shyok Valley to reach our place of stay at Hunder
- Post Lunch, we visit the Deskit Monastery and enjoy a bumpy Camel ride in the mesmerizing Sand Dunes (Himalayan Desert above 10,000 ft)
Day 5 –Ride to Panamic (Nubra Valley) & back to Leh – 8 Hrs (170 Km)
- Post Breakfast, we ride to the other side of the valley to reach Sumur (Nubra Valley) and hike (20 min) to the beautiful & holy lake named Yarab Tso. After soaking in the beautiful setting, we move to Panamic and ease our tired muscles in the Hot Water Springs of Panamic
- Post Lunch, we start our ride back to Leh via the dramatic Khardung La pass
Day 6 – Pangong Tso – 7 Hrs (160 Km)
- Post Breakfast, we leave for, yet another beauty of Ladakh region – Pangong Tso Lake (14500 ft)
- The ride takes us past Changla Pass (17,350 ft) (3rd highest motorable road in the world) before reaching the ethereal beautiful Pangong Lake (Highest Salt water lake in the world, lying part in India & part in China)
- Enjoy the evening appreciating the changing colors of the mountains & the lake
Day 7 – Ride back to Leh – 7 Hrs (160 Km)
- After a beautiful morning by the lake and a hearty breakfast, we proceed back to Leh
- En-route, we visit the largest Gompa of Ladakh – Hemis Monastry
- The rest of the day brings in much waited Shopping time
Day 8 – Ride to Sarchu – 9 Hrs (260 Km)
- A hearty breakfast set us right for our return journey till Sarchu (via the route travelled)
Day 9 – Ride to Manali – 8 Hrs (230 Km)
- Our final ride back to Manali – last riding day but not less interesting…
Guidelines: We recommend that each individual carries following items in personal Baggage
- Full Waterproof Riding Gear including Lower, Jacket, Gloves, Balaclava, UV Sunglasses & Waterproof Boots
- Casual Wear – Cotton T-Shirts & lowers for rest days, Thermals & Fleece Jackets to add warmth, Floaters / Slippers / Sneakers
- Personal Toiletries incl. Sunblock & Lipbalm , Medicines, Flashlight & other items of personal nature
- A Riding Pack (small backpack to carry water bottle, towel, extra warm layer clothes, camera, munching snacks etc)
- Valid Driving License and Passport (Originals as well as 5 copies each) and 5 passport sized photographs
Manali is at 2000 m above sea level. So give a day for your body to get acclimatized, if you are coming from plains, before venturing for the ride.
Terms and Conditions:
- Each rider has to deposit INR 15,000 as Security Deposit, towards the Bike, at Manali. (Refundable, at the end of Tour after deducting damages, if any)
- “Liability Release and Assumption of Risks” form to be filled by each rider/pillion
- All our bikes are Third Party Insured so any Major Damages to Motorbikes has to be paid by the rider.
Not suitable for: Heart Patient, paralyzed Patient, pregnant women, Asthmatics or any other medical conditions that limits person from participating in adventure sports
Operator: Operator is Thuderworldclub
Contact person – Uttam Sharma
Ph: +91 9418300843
How to reach?
Thunderworldclub is near Hadimba Temple. Around 15 minutes walk to either old manali or to mall road.
0-8 hours – 0% refund
8-24 hours – 50% refund
Above 24 hours – 75% refund
No show – No refund
Activity subject to weather condition
3017 m / 9898 ft
Thunderworldclub, near hadimba temple, Manali
There are no reviews yet.