Valley of Flowers Trek
Join us for the trek to valley of flowers. This easy trek gained considerable popularity in trekking community as a beginners trek and an important trek in Uttarakhand trekking circuit. It is usually combined with visit to Hemkund Sahib gurudwara!
Each online purchase entitles one person for this activity. Book quantity more than 1 for the number of people in your group.
We strongly encourage you to carry your own back pack. But if you opt to offload your back pack to a porter please select the option porter required while booking for the trek. The bag offloaded must be just one bag and total weight of the bag must not exceed 15 Kgs
Treks are conducted when there are enough people interested in it (more than 10 people). Please register early at the below link with your contact information so that we can co-ordinate.
Price listed (per person) is for a group of 20 people. As the number of people in the batch increases the price may come down. Once you have registered for the trek, and we have minimum set of people, we will let you know so that you can pay 25% of the cost upfront. The final payment needs to be done one week before the trek date. We will let you know the remaining amount that needs to be paid (it will vary based on team size).
Day 1: Drive from Haridwar to Govindghat and stay overnight.
Day 2: Trek from Govindghat to Ghangria. 13kms 7 hours Gradual ascent.
Day 3: Trek from Ghangria to Valley of flowers and back to Ghangria.
Day 4: Trek from Ghangria to Hemkund and back to Ghangria.
Day 5: Trek down from Ghangria to Govindghat.
Day 6: Drive down to Haridwar and take the night train to Delhi.
* On Day 5, you may choose to visit Badrinath, Joshimath or Auli. Badrinath is a 2½ hrs drive from Govindghat. And Auli is a well-known meadows and ski resort (2 hrs). Cost of the trek listed doesn’t include these*
Best Season: May, Jun, July, Sep, Oct (For details about the fixed dates contact Ayan Brahma [Ph: +91 9591945454])
Physical preparation is mandatory for this trek. Regular Jogging, Stretching Exercises, Cardio Exercises
Suggestion of Essential Clothing & Equipment
1. Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
2. Daypack (20-25 L) –optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
3. Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
Note: You can buy Decathlon products from online retailers like Playgroundonline. Ladies with smaller feet size find it a problem to get a shoe. Forclaz 500 has special trekking shoes for women.
4. 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
5. 3 cotton t-shirt with collar. Avoid bright colours like red and fluorescents. Stick to lighter tones. There are plenty of Birds and Animals one would come across while trekking and you won’t want them to get scared with your dressing sense.
6. One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
7. A full sleeve thick Jacket.
8. 4 pairs of Undergarments.
9. 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
10. 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
11. Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
12. Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
13. Hand Gloves (water proof).
14. Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown and Blue coloured Sunglass — they cannot block UV rays. Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
15. Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
16. Trekking Pole is mandatory. You can buy a trekking pole online from Playgroundonline or from Rediff
17. People who wear spectacles should have any one of these:
Photo chromatic Glass.
If either of the above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
18. Light towel (a quick drying kind).
19. Chap stick or Lip Balm.
20. Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
21. 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
22. Life straw personal water filter (optional) – buy them online at Pepperfry
23. LED Torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
24. Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
25. Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory)
26. Camera, Memory-Cards, Batteries etc (Batteries carry enough spares. You won’t get Electricity on slopes)
27. Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
28. While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars (dry fruit pouches are better than 5 Star/Munch).
29. While packing, use bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags for wet clothes.
30. Carry a personal Leak proof Tiffin Box, a Plate, Spoon and Coffee Mug.
Personal Medicine kit containing
Crocin 650 – 5 tablets, Avomine – 4 tablets, Avil 25mg – 4 tablets, Diamox – 20 tablets, Combiflam – 5 tablets, Disprin – 10 tablets, Norflox TZ- 10 tablets, Spasmoproxyvon – 6 tablets, Crepe Bandage – 3 to 5 meters, Band Aid – 10 strips, Digene – 10 tablets, Gauze cloth – 1 small role, Leukoplast – 1 small roll, Cotton – 1 small roll, ORS – 5 packets, Betadine cream, Aqua pure Tablets – 1 bottle, Moov spray
We strive for the best safety standards. Every trekker must adhere to the instructions issued by the guide.
DOs and Don’ts
- A strict NO to your Denims – they are not suitable for treks, beside it adds weight.
- NO to Snacks, Colas, Alcohol and Personal Food – Don’t overweight yourself with them.
- NO to any Disposable Plastic Bottles, plastic wrapped/packaged items & Non Bio Degradable material.
- While at the trek enjoy the view. Do not litter and leave the place in the same condition for other trekkers and next generation coming after you to enjoy.
- Strict NO to touching or handling of any of the Sketal remains that you may come across.
We carry High Altitude Sleeping Bags with us hence please do not carry yours. We would also be carrying Alpine tents, ice-axes, and other equipment required for such treks.
- Do weigh your Gears post packing. It should not exceed the range of 8-9 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you need to repeat and remove what is not essential.
- Travel light and carry what is essential. For example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).The list given here are exactly what you need and nothing more.
Some Common advice about Clothing:
To protect you from cold, dressing in layers is the ‘Catch’. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a suggestion. If you are prone to cold carry an extra sweater.
Please ensure to carry the following documents:
An identification card (like Driving License, Voters ID card, Passport etc), along with a photocopy, Passport Size Photos, a Medical Certificate and Disclaimer Certificate (Download pdf here).
All mentioned DOCUMENTS are MANDATORY, without which you won’t be allowed to trek.
1. Accommodation. (Camping) / Guest House
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trekking equipment
5. First Aid Medical kits and oxygen cylinder
6. Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers
1. Transport/Food / Meal on the way to / from Govindghat
2. Any kind of personal expenses
4. Porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Inclusions
Not suitable for: Heart Patient, paralyzed Patient, pregnant women, Asthmatics or any other medical conditions that limits person from participating in adventure sports
Contact person – Ayan Kumar Brahma
Ph: +91 9591945454
How to reach?
Starting point of the trek is Govindghat, Uttarakhand
Nearest railhead is Haridwar. You can reach Haridwar by an overnight journey from Delhi by train.
Some facts about the trek
Difficulty: Easy / Moderate
Haridwar. You can reach Haridwar by an overnight journey from Delhi.
Base Camp: Govindghat
Best Season: May, Jun, Jul, Sep, Oct
Valley of Flowers National Park is located in West Himalaya in Uttarakhand and is known for its meadows of alpine flowers and the variety of flora. At 3352 to 3658 meters above sea level it complements the rugged mountain wilderness of Nanda Devi National Park to the east. Together, they encompass a unique transition zone between the mountain ranges of the Zanskar and Great Himalaya. The park stretches over an expanse of 87.50 km2 and it is about 8 km long and 2 km wide. This Reserve is in the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserves since 2004.
Less than 10 days – 0% refund
Between 10 to 14 days – 50% refund
Between 14 to 24 days – 70% refund
More than 24 days – 95%
Activity subject to weather condition
Easy / Moderate